Tuesday, 12 January 2010

re-edited the images on tables

After finishing the website we got a response from the external company which said that they wanted the images of the images associated with Corperate, Birthdays, Christening, Christmas, Easter, Halloween and Weddings were too small and would have to be resized so they would appear a bit bigger. They requested this because the images couldn't be seen at a glanse and each image had to be individual clicked on to view an enlarged image in the lightbox. We also had to add another image to the table which coresponses to a particular table, which makes the feel of a table.

To solve this problem we each picked a category (Corperate, Birthdays, Christening, Christmas, Easter, Halloween and Weddings). My category was weddings.

The first step was to get a picture from "Google images" which coresponses to weddings. The images I used are a wedding cake and champagne glasses. Then I applied the "Live-Trace" tool to the images which will make the images left with a basic image outline of it. Next I added a watercolour line to them to make them look like they have been hand made. I also did some scribbles around the outside. Next saved as a AI file so that I could go back and add or remove any images if needed. Finally added all images to do with weddings within the square and saved that as a GIF file. So the white background won't appear when uploaded to the website



That was the only thing that needed changing and the structure of the lightbox css, accessible/ screen readers is all fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment